Contact Me :
Practice Areas :
- Personal Injury
- Automobile and 18-wheeler Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Workers' Compensation
- Offshore Accidents
Andretta Breaux-Atkins is a native of Plaquemine, Louisiana. After graduating from Plaquemine High School, Andretta continued her education at Louisiana State University where she earned a Bachelor of Science in Psychology with a minor in Sociology in 1999. Additionally, Andretta received her Paralegal Certificate from Louisiana State University in 2001. Andretta began her law school matriculation in August of 2012 and received her Juris Doctor from Southern University Law Center in January of 2016, graduating cum laude. While in law school, she was an SULC Evening Division Representative for 2014-2015 and also represented SULC for the American Bar Association Judicial Clerkship Program in Houston, Texas in 2015. Andretta was selected as a fellow for Loyola Institute of Politics, Class of 2019-2020 and Leadership Iberville, Class of 2019-2020.
Andretta began her legal career as a Legal Secretary for the Law Office of Vincent J. DeSalvo in 1997. In addition, she has also served in positions of Paralegal and Office Manager. Presently, Andretta is an Associate Attorney, whereby her practice focuses on automobile and 18-wheeler accidents.
Andretta is a member Greater Pilgrim Rest Baptist Church, where she serves as recording secretary and a member of Tau Kappa Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
Andretta is married to Cory Atkins.
Andretta's hobbies include reading, traveling abroad, dining out, attending the Saints' sporting events and spending quality time with her family and friends.
- Southern University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Honors: cum laude
- Louisiana State University
- Major: Psychology
- Louisiana State University, Certificate of Paralegal Studies
- Louisiana, 2016
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 2016
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 2016
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2016
- Law Office of Vincent J. DeSalvo, Legal Secretary, Office Manager, Paralegal, 1997
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Louisiana Association for Justice
- The American Association for Justice
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
Current Employment Positions:
Fraternities and Sororities:
- Alpha Kappa Alpha